We take pride in creating quality products that will last a long time. Care instructions can be confusing so we created this guide to help you specifically with our products.
Wool is a natural fibre and a great insulator, so it requires a little bit of extra care. We at Belle & Bloom like to use Double Brushed Wool, meaning the fabric is soft on both sides, lightweight and retains extra warmth. Our coats are unlined to eliminate extra bulk and therefore expertly crafted with clean finished seams. Follow the below care instructions, and you will be just fine.
- Your coat has travelled great distances and just needs a little refresh to get those wrinkles out. To make your life easier, consider hanging it in the bathroom during a hot shower to help steam out the big wrinkles. Then, touch up any spots using an iron on a low setting or a steamer. The coat will look so fresh and crisp and we hope you’ll be very happy together.
- Belle & Bloom coats are dry clean only. If you happen to have a spill, blot the fabric carefully, don’t rub! Consult a dry cleaner for additional help. We recommend that you dry clean the coat at the beginning AND end of the season.
- Gently brush with a lint roller after wearing to remove any surface soil or lint.
- Make sure you don’t hang it in direct sunlight, as it will cause the colour to fade. For best results, actually hang it on a plastic or wood hanger.
- At the end of winter, store your freshly dry-cleaned coat in a garment bag to protect from moths or other critters between seasons. Keep in a dry place, especially if you live in a humid climate.
Made with genuine leather, Belle & Bloom handbags require a little bit of extra care. Follow the below, and you will be just fine.
- We recommend that you spray your leather bag with a protector spray once a month, based on daily use. It can be the same product that you would use for shoes. This will help protect the bag from any water and stains that you may encounter. This is especially important for lighter coloured bags to prevent it from absorbing dye from darker coloured clothing (**although not guaranteed!). Follow the instructions on the spray and you won’t regret it.
- Wipe up any stains as soon as possible with a soft, slightly damp cloth. For more serious stains, wipe down with a leather cleaner (test in an inconspicuous spot first) and wipe with a damp cloth to avoid clogging the leather’s pores.
- Store in its original dust bag in a dry place when not in use. Stuff the bag so it retains its shape. If you can, air out the leather every two weeks to prevent mould growth.
Keep the glass face clean by wiping gently with a microfibre cloth. Try to wipe up any stains on the leather straps as soon as possible. Belle & Bloom watches are water resistant but avoid wearing while swimming, bathing or any other activity that would submerge the watch in water.
Our scarves are made with polyester, which makes it much easier to deal with. Wash on gentle cycle and lay flat to dry. Iron on a low setting.